• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Alan_M

Servicebox - Bad News

Alan_M

Just logged into Servicebox to find part numbers for 205 GTi drum brakes, and it looks like they want a subscription fee to view the schematics and part numbers now.

jord294

What you after?

Also google miamistu, and you should get info you need

Alan_M
19 minutes ago, jord294 said:

What you after?

Also google miamistu, and you should get info you need

Yeah, got it now. Took me a few searches for it though, remember it from years ago but just couldn't recall the name. 

Drum brake stuff by the way.

Ozymandis

ezgif.com-gif-maker.png

Ozymandis

I`m glad we kept the CD`s, bit of a pisser with all the newer vehicles we come across though.

karabas

in case of service stop, is there a file that we can download and use like miamistu?

pug_ham

I tried this yesterday & again this morning, the 205 /309 parts appear to be accessible again without a subscription.

Anyone else found this?

g

welshpug

always have been able to access everything but the page with the diagrams and part numbers, still the same for me :(

petert

No for me too. I've found catcarinfo just as good anyway.

• Like 1

Ozymandis

No its  still wanting to charge me for access to anything useful.

I have the old cd`s, very useful as they have all the parts no longer listed on servicebox. Copies were available on fleabay cheaply they probably still are, I say get those as an offline resource if You have a windows system. I just copied one cd to see if You can, works fine. They dont cover anything later than a 406 though.

pug_ham

Just checked this again after putting Microsoft Edge on my win7 laptop & it's still all working, 205 parts info & diagrams etc.

It's annoying to have to disable my vpn so I can get in but at least it's all still working for now on the 205.

Strangely, even though I've got a citroen service box account, I can't look at the Xsara parts for a coupe sill part number anymore. :excl:

g

jackherer

Same here too, I get as far as the pop up window then I get a localised version of the message above.

Thijs_Rallye

Btw it annoys me badly that they've decided to do this. I mean, the categories worked barely anyway for the old stuff. No to mention the absolute willingness of the staff having to look up part numbers of these old cars... And then the Peugeot museum only works decently with OEM part numbers. Must be French logic or something, ermahgerd!

jackherer

Yes, same here again. It's a stupid decision that they really should reverse. It had been freely available for many years without causing any issues.

@pug_ham Does it still work fully for you then? You can see diagrams with part numbers?

jackherer

BTW I think I heard that the French 205 GTI club gives free servicebox access to their members. It would be nice if Peugeot provided the same access to members of this forum but as this forum is free to join it is probably not going to happen.

farmer

I paid for it as I need it to do my stock orders

pug_ham
14 hours ago, Thijs_Rallye said:

12 hours ago, jackherer said:

Yes, same here again. It's a stupid decision that they really should reverse. It had been freely available for many years without causing any issues.

@pug_ham Does it still work fully for you then? You can see diagrams with part numbers?

No, it's stopped working for me again now.

I must've caught lucky when I tried last time but now I don't have access to anything on the diagram & parts list, I get the same message as you when I try.  :(

I agree, it does seem a stupid decision when you take the fact that most dealerships are completely useless when it comes to looking for parts on the 205 (or any older model no longer being produced) and this access made it easy for you to go in armed with the part number so you were as certain as you could be that you were ordering the right parts.

It does seem like a backwards step, especially if the museum will only work on the original Peugeot part numbers.

It's not like we'd be over-loading their servers looking through the 205 parts pages!

I wonder if PSCuk have tried to ask for similar access, they are fairly well associated with Peugeot uk afaik, @Henry?

g