• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
HelmutGTI

Pictures of parcell shelf

HelmutGTI

I manage to buy a totaly junk GTI as a spare to my retoration, One thing that car had was a parcell shelf. (like new)

Now I wonder if it has the right color? I havent seen many 205 GTI shelfs so if you have any pictures of your iwould like to see it to compare.

Mine is very light grey and I wonder if its right or if its been sun bleached (faded)..

BTW my car is a black 1990 GTI

IMG_4185.thumb.jpg.9c2ff67ef203081f9ef13147ef88a7bf.jpg

IMG_4265.jpg

Edited by HelmutGTI

welshpug

they do get sun bleached but it would still be Grey, I spy orange rear light clusters so the front should also be orange and the interior grey, though being of that era the interior could be the darker grey,  (aka black)

HelmutGTI
Just now, welshpug said:

they do get sun bleached but it would still be Grey, I spy orange rear light clusters so the front should also be orange and the interior grey, though being of that era the interior could be the darker grey,  (aka black)

Interior is grey and my thought that the shelf should be the same grey as the boot textile.

Picture illustrate my exact colors and trim on my interior

So my side indicators should be orange? they where white when I bought the car, but that could of cource beeen changed during the years.

I know my fog lights also supose to be clear, but I like the yellow once to much!

.1078487c7ac9877a934cee00455d8411.jpg.940f02b2785177c47cc30f788b31d90d.jpg

bacardincoke

My parcel shelf had some minor damage to one corner and for ease of fixing I took off one of the 'L' shaped rubber blocks that are stapled to the inner edge.

The staple pushes through the block and into the shelf, but in my case at least, it wasn't bent over like you'd see with a staple through paper (hope that makes sense?) so you could pull it out easily.

Beneath was the original dark grey shade that was protected from the light, it was surprising just how faded the shelf had become.

If you remove either of the square plastic plates on the head cloth, the ones that give access to the tail gate hinge bolts it too shows some the original shade.

HelmutGTI
48 minutes ago, bacardincoke said:

My parcel shelf had some minor damage to one corner and for ease of fixing I took off one of the 'L' shaped rubber blocks that are stapled to the inner edge.

The staple pushes through the block and into the shelf, but in my case at least, it wasn't bent over like you'd see with a staple through paper (hope that makes sense?) so you could pull it out easily.

Beneath was the original dark grey shade that was protected from the light, it was surprising just how faded the shelf had become.

If you remove either of the square plastic plates on the head cloth, the ones that give access to the tail gate hinge bolts it too shows some the original shade.

Ahhh great tip! Gonna look that up.