• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

kes205

Brembo brakes & alloys

kes205

Hi all

I have a cti which has 406 brembo calipers on it which currently has the 406 v6 alloys. I have to admit dont really like the wheels so looking into changing them. Just wondered what wheels I can use. Ideally would use original 15 inch 1.9 gti speed lines but dont think that's possible as believe the track is widened and the brembo brakes makes it difficult. Quite like the 16 nimrod alloys off a 206 or 406 does anyone know if these will fit over the brembo and not rub.  Car has 406 v6 engine conversion as well if that makes a difference.

Cheers 

X-mo

Planing to use the brembos on my upcoming TCT project too. Had them trial fitted on a hub with my 15" OZ Superturismo...it's a tight fit and needs some small spacers.

IMG_20190609_162137.jpg

welshpug

not many wheels fit due to the caliper being quite bulky and close to the hub, the team dynamics pro race 1.2 do fit, as do speedline 1508, mighty close though so a small spacer is used.

the track may not be widened, the engine conversion does not neccesitate it

SRDT

Try the 15" Speedline SL434 "PTS", with low profile calipers you can even fit 300mm discs:jante-route-675j15.jpgImage-6.jpg

kes205

Cheers for the replies the speedline sl434 are really nice. Didnt think about changing the calipers. Shall have a look at the speedline and oz wheels. Sorry for stupid question does the spacer go on the wheel or a 

shim for the caliper. 

mmt

I use original 1,9 speedlines, 406 Brembo brakes. Just fit a spacer (which bring the wheels out). I Use 15 mm spacers. Works fine. 

petert

I don’t think there is a 15” wheel (other than what welshpug suggested) you can use with Brembos that doesn’t require a spacer, which is why I don’t use them anymore. They are a bit of a false economy when it comes to track cars and racing.

Edited by petert

B1ack_Mi16

I put some Renault van discs on mine, spaced the caliper 4mm rearwards and put a 3mm spacer ring between the hub and the wheel bearing. It just about makes it possible to run SL434's without using spacers (which is visually a no-go over here due to MOT).

If I ever get time I will rather put a 405/406 hubcarrier on the 205, as that can use 305mm discs from the 406 coupe and Brembo caliper without spacer.. so just need to figure out what to do with the bottom arms first.

welshpug

that may cause more wheel compatibility issues as the 305mm disc is zero offset.

if you want to use 405/6 hubs, satchell engineering do wishbones to suit.

B1ack_Mi16

I know Satchell are doing something along the lines indeed.

Might be more wheel compability issues in general I suppose, but for the SL434's they fitted withut spacer on the 405 hub using the coupe disc.

wicked

I think you should get rid of the zero offset 406 discs and move the caliper inwards using a bracket in combination with the more common 307/308 discs with offset.