• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Mid-life 205

TU3 water pump housing

Mid-life 205

Doing a refurb on my TU3 powered 205. I have a donor engine but it has evidence of a water leak where the water pump housing attaches to the block. I removed the housing on the donor engine and the o shaped seal looks like it is fibre not rubber.

I am not a fan of just adding goop and I cannot find a replacement part listed anywhere.

Suggestions?

DamirGTI

The black plastic housing right ?

Did an 1.3 Rallye and had the same problem , was leaking around the joint .. it's easy to break it as the plastic tends to get very brittle with age so , be careful .. common problem on TU's .

As far as i remember , there was rubber O-ring , not fiber one . I've broken off corners of that housing while trying to undo it from the block , so , got an aftermarket complete housing with the seal .

D

s-l1600.jpg

Mid-life 205
3 hours ago, DamirGTI said:

Did an 1.3 Rallye and had the same problem , was leaking around the joint .. it's easy to break it as the plastic tends to get very brittle with age so , be careful .. common problem on TU's .

As far as i remember , there was rubber O-ring , not fiber one . I've broken off corners of that housing while trying to undo it from the block , so , got an aftermarket complete housing with the seal .

D

s-l1600.jpg

Nope.. that bit is fine.

Where the whole housing fits to the block. There is a fibre o ring and it leaks on both engines I have.

Mid-life 205

D

s-l1600.jpg

Nope.. that bit is fine.

Where the whole housing fits to the block. There is a fibre o ring and it leaks on both engines I have.

Mid-life 205

D

s-l1600.jpg

Nope.. that bit is fine.

IMG_20200105_133239044.jpg

DamirGTI

I see ... that'll be this then :

http://www.miamistu.co.uk/pug/GB/205F/1/12A10A.HTM

... No2 - 5933 60 O-RING SEAL DIAM 36,5

Replaced that one as well when i did the last TU Rallye engine rebuild , used ordinary rubber O-ring and no complains nor leaks .

D

welshpug

would imagine it was a rubber o-ring originally and its just dry rotted away.

its the same part number as the dizzy O rings on xu and tu engines, should still be available from a dealer as it was used on the ET3 water pump housing in the 207 and the TU3 in the Bipper.

Mid-life 205
On 1/5/2020 at 8:41 PM, DamirGTI said:

I see ... that'll be this then :

http://www.miamistu.co.uk/pug/GB/205F/1/12A10A.HTM

... No2 - 5933 60 O-RING SEAL DIAM 36,5

Replaced that one as well when i did the last TU Rallye engine rebuild , used ordinary rubber O-ring and no complains nor leaks .

D

Yup that's it!

Cheers

Mid-life 205
23 hours ago, welshpug said:

its the same part number as the dizzy O rings on xu and tu engines, should still be available from a dealer as it was used on the ET3 water pump housing in the 207 and the TU3 in the Bipper.

Thanks Welshpug ordered one now so will clean up the surface and hope for the best. Easy to do a good job while it is on the garage floor but would hate to do it in the car.

Mid-life 205
On 1/5/2020 at 9:38 PM, welshpug said:

Perfect!

Thanks for the help

IMG_20200111_183503728.jpg