• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
DSYKES5500

Anyone recommend a trimmer

DSYKES5500

Hi all,

Hope you had a good Christmas and new year.

Could anyone recommend a good trimmer please?  Can be in Yorkshire/Lancashire but I'd go further for a good one.

I know it's a minefield trying to find a good one but the ones I've found and seen their work it's been a bit patchy. Some are great at stitching but the overall look is not the best, others look great but the stitching is not the best when you get up close. You can tell which is theirs and which was factory.  Hard to explain without pictures.

I've got a sample from 205gticovers.com so I can have the front seats done and a new bolster.  I've attached a picture of the sample resting on the back seat.

Any recommendations and pictures of work done would be welcomed.

Thanks

20200104_134226.jpg

redgtimi16

I am looking for a trimmer in the midlands / south west as well, I live in Cheltenham.

On 1/5/2020 at 10:53 PM, redgtimi16 said:

I am looking for a trimmer in the midlands / south west as well, I live in Cheltenham.

I used the following for doing some centre sections on some seats.  Admittedly, the centres were removable (not standard 205 seats), and fairly easy to do, but he did a good job and was reasonable priced.  Was several years ago, but looks like he's still there.

http://www.hartpuryupholstery.co.uk/

opticaltrigger

It's a long way for you to travel but they really are very good. They manage allot of the re-trimming for the Haynes Motor Museum collection.

http://www.pipertrimmers.co.uk/

O.T.

Edited by opticaltrigger

redgtimi16

Thanks all,

will have to wait for lockdown to end and then will pursue the retrim, I got sidetracked with an engine replacement, at least I have plenty of time to do it, has been epic and the new engine started first time, also sorted out the engine bay - light rust couple of areas needed welding and generally sorting previous owner bodges and getting everything right as I went! sound system next then when lockdown lifted will be retrim.