• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

DSYKES5500

Dribble of water

DSYKES5500

Hi all,

I'm getting a small dribble of water when it rains through the vent in the bottom of the rear quarter cards.  Does this point to the quarter window seals that have shrunk?  Or is there other areas that  need to check as well?

Thanks

20191221_134718.jpg

farmer

Get that cover off check for any further rust and replace seal 

DSYKES5500

Will do, the only place I can find new seals is the Peugeot Museum, they aren't cheap are they at around £150 for the pair!  Cheaper than repairing rot though......

Callum

Check under the rear seat as there may be a puddle of water there, would definitely say rear quarter windows

DSYKES5500

No puddle of water under the rear seat but the carpet behind the driver's seat is damp where it's run down. I've put a dehumidifier in there for the afternoon, probably overkill but I won't be stripping out the full interior just yet. 

AlexRS2782

As mentioned previously - most likely the opening rear window seal but it's also worth checking the sunroof drain & the seal towards the middle / rear too (if your car has the sliding roof).

I had the same water on & under the carpet / underlay behind the passenger front seat for a while but earlier this year i asked Miles to convert my car to a set of non opening rear glass & seals i had and since that's been done the water ingress no longer seems to be an issue.  Obviously a set of new opening seals should do the same.

Edited by AlexRS2782
  • Thanks 1