• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Alan_M

205 GTi - 1.6 or Mi it? Selling Point of View

Alan_M

Several months ago I acquired Anthony's/Febs/Pauls old 88 F-plate - 05 GTi. Full trim, bodywork needs a little attention in the usual places but no engine. Under Pauls ownership, the car went through GTi6 and diseasal power so the engine wiring will need attention also. The car came with an unknown 1.6 engine also, which has had the usual repair above the water pump. 

What I am trying to decide is what engine to use. I'm in two minds as to keep the car or push it on once sorted. Given what I paid, I'm fairly sure of profit. If I did keep it, obviously Mi16 power is the favoured route but do 205 Mi16s sell well out there or would a nice 1.6 have a better chance?

steve@cornwall

Judging by fleabay, an original 1.6 will not only reach a better price, but will sell much more quickly than any similar car with engine conversion. I was pleased a couple of months ago to reach close to 3.5 k for my 1.6 with declared wear holes in carpet, average interior and amateur respray. Keepinng an eye on prices acheived, this now seems to be a low end price. 

However I have kept the CTi and intend to finish the conversion to 16v

Tom Fenton

If you are doing it for you, 16v

If you are doing it to sell, 8v

• Like 2

petert

My thoughts also.

16V = grin

8V = money

Spesh

I've got a 1.6 engine that came out of mine that was fine if you decide to go that route.