• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Connor

Vague Gear Shift

Connor

Hey there,

So I've changed the gear linkages on my GT with the TU3s engine. However, the gear change is still very sloppy and loose, with a lot of play left to right and also occasionally a fair bit of difficulty getting it into gear. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to look for on the underside? Is there any bushes available that can be replaced to improve the gear change even further? If anybody on here is selling anything like that then I'm keen to buy from you.

Cheers!

Telf

You can buy a new set of bushes etc from baker BM which help remove the sloppy feel. The main rod linkage nylon insert wears out and can be replaced and there are replacements for the plastic spacers at the bottom of the gear stick.

Another thing to check is that the main spigot on the front hasn't come loose. The nut is accessible from underneath the subframe.

Telf

I think about 99% of problems are cleared up by tightening the bolt on the subframe so I'd do that first