• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

lagonda

Tie rod choice; which?!

lagonda

My CTi's Controle Technique (French MoT) is due imminently, and checking over the car, I've discovered that the nearside tie rod joint, where it connects to the rack inside the rubber boot, has a fair amount of free play. There is a bewildering choice of replacements; can anyone recommend any of these particularly ... or state any to avoid?!

Meyle  13.58

TRW  11.29

Sidem 10.79

Delphi  11.69

Quinton Hazell  8.78

RTS SA  7.79

Moog  12.29

Febi Bilstein  25.99 (!)

Autodoc website has even more makes. Prices quoted above are in euros.

Tom Fenton

From that list I’d probably pick Meyle or TRW, Quinton Hazel stuff has also been ok for me.

Alan_M

TRW or Lemforder if you can get them and the price is reasonable.

allye

Happily fit any of those bar Moog, Sidem or RTS.

stef205

febi for me, but id shop else where for a better deal.

lagonda

Many thanks all for quick and helpful replies. I'll have a search for the Febi one, but it looks like Meyle or TRW for me.

Ozymandis

Off that list I would go for TRW or Moog.

We use Moog Honda wishbones and they are good, made in Switzerland no less.Honda TRW track rod ends are as good as genuine ones.

My experiences with meyle HD are positive, ie Berlingo/Partner droplinks but regular Meyles  not so good, thats with parts for W123 Merc coupes and Golfs.

Febi stuff was poor. Joke wishbone bushes particularily for VW and Audi, although the 205 rear beam mounts are fine.

Quinton Hazel used to be top notch, but now just a badging brand with no manufacturing.

DamirGTI

Ditto , TRW or Moog or Delphi (had and still have few Delphi wishbones which lasted long time of use and abuse .. balljoints still good on them ..) 

Certainly with TRW suspension parts you can't go wrong ..

While Meyle HD can be good , "ordinary" Meyle was disappointment for me too ... noticed they're pushing themselves on the spare part market game with "mega-buck" PR quite intensively around the EU last few years .

D

lagonda

Hi all,

Many thanks for replies.Perhaps I should have waited for the later replies! I ended up finding Febi Bilstein ones for just over €11 each, so bougt a pair,through Auto-doc. Mind you, I'm still waiting for them and other parts ordered at the same time to arrive, weell over a week later. Maybe deliveries take a while from Germany to France.

Laurence