• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Romb

Sump plug spec, 1992 1.9 GTI

Romb

Anyone know the exact width, pitch and length, or oem nr ? For the default engine.

Tried searching the forums but couldn't find it (lots of results but all on slightly different topics, engines etc), part ordering sites are no help as they list wildly varying specs, can't use Service Box as it's for companies only, nothing in Haynes.

Pretty weird that specs for consumables like this are that hard to find, but it could also just be me being dumb.

Also need them for the gearbox fill and drain plugs (default box so BE3 I guess), but that belongs in another forum section so will post there (while you're here, should you know... :-)

Thank you !

Edited by Romb

PhilNW

Gearbox Drain plug

2221 32

CASING PLUG AGB
DIAM 16X150

Gearbox Fill plug

2221 30

GEAR-BOX FILLER CAP
DIAM 14X100

Sump If 16mm 

2221 11

ENGINE OIL DRAIN PLUG
16X150

Sump If 14 mm 

0311 38

THREADED CAP
DIAM 14X125

Edited by PhilNW

Romb
25 minutes ago, PhilNW said:

Gearbox Drain plug :

Great, thank you so much !

I also just stumbled upon this site with lots of part numbers and exploded views, very handy

http://www.miamistu.co.uk/pug/GB/205N/GROUP0.HTM

Gave the exact same specs :

Sump :

2221 11    01    OIL DRAIN PLUG 16X1,50

0164 30    01    PLUG SEAL 16X22-2
A005 WITHOUT ASBESTOS

Gearbox :

082221 3201   CASING PLUG 16X1,50

6988 01    01    GRBX PLUG GASKT 16X24-2 (not 100% sure, was mentioned in different place, but could not really be anything else I guess)

092221 3001   FILLER CAP 14X100

6988 4202   PLUG SEAL 14,3X21-1

Thanks again, great forum this :-)

welshpug
1 hour ago, Romb said:

can't use Service Box as it's for companies only, nothing in Haynes.

of course you can, just say you're a mechanic, I've been using servicebox for over a decade I think at least.

Romb

Ah ok, thanks. Was planning that but then saw the "Inter-community VAT code " and fact that they would first validate the entry before granting authorisation. Without a EU VAT code or something I thought my chances would be slim.

I was still planning on maing one up, but in the meantime stumbled upon that http://www.miamistu.co.uk/pug/GB/205N/GROUPS.HTM site and that is pretty great.

Now I have the specs and sump bolt + ring is covered but current challenge is to find the gearbox bolts and rings. We have a couple of big part sites in NL but when searching on license plate the results are too limited and when doing a wide open search you get like 10.000 rings without an option to filter on diameter etc. Pretty tiring. Have been at it for hours now just to get some plugs and rings :-)

Do you know by the way if those gearbox seal rings are copper, or something else ?

And another q out of curiosity :-) You're offering a lot of good advice on this site, is the site yours ?

Romb
32 minutes ago, Tom Fenton said:

You are making hard work of this. All you need are sealing washers for a 16mm thread plug. Either copper crush type or rubber bonded seals work equally well. 

Example - https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F132553792132

Thanks, you're right

OCD playing up with a touch of stuborness ;-)