• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

K20205

Acewell fuel sender ohms

K20205

I have just purchased a acewell unit but im struggling to find the ohm readings for empty and full tank,

can anyone help me out?

welshpug

no multimeter to hand?

K20205
3 hours ago, welshpug said:

no multimeter to hand?

Yes i got a multimeter,

how do I measure it? Also which pin is what on the 3pins?

thanks

jackherer

It's something like 270-280 ohms when empty and a lot less when full, 13  ohms rings a bell.

K20205
2 hours ago, jackherer said:

It's something like 270-280 ohms when empty and a lot less when full, 13  ohms rings a bell.

Thanks mate,

what are the 3pins on the sensor?

will it be ground, low fuel light and signal?

or should i just use the wires from behind the instrument cluster and tap into those?

jackherer

Yes that's right, common ground, fuel light and fuel level signal.

I have always used the wires going into the cluster, it saves running extra wires when they are already there!

If the dash you are fitting doesn't have a low fuel light I'd recommend fitting an external one.

Andy

Hi. I calibrated my Stack dash a few months ago for fuel level. I got 288 ohm when empty ( and I mean empty) and 7 ohms when full( and I mean full)  with ten evenly spaced intervals in between which went as follows;

238,198,168,143,121,98,80,63,42,25, These were intervals of four litres( yep, pain in bum job measuring the fuel each time )

only slight oversight on my part was that the car was on axle stands and therefore not quite level , but my fuel level readings on the gauge seem pretty sensible.

K20205

Ive read the instructions and this is the available options,

so how would i go on about selecting the right settings?

9323BEAA-D4DA-40CE-8020-4E8CEC3D7B8A.jpeg

jackherer

That's quite restrictive! My SPA dash allows specific resistances to be entered as does Andy's Stack which he describes above /\

I guess you have to use the 250 ohm mode as it is closest but it's going to read empty when you still have a fair amount of fuel left.

K20205
1 hour ago, jackherer said:

That's quite restrictive! My SPA dash allows specific resistances to be entered as does Andy's Stack which he describes above /\

I guess you have to use the 250 ohm mode as it is closest but it's going to read empty when you still have a fair amount of fuel left.

Im not sure if i can fine tune the settings,

im going to hook it up next week and see if i can play around the settings.

if not im

just going to have to do what you said and just have extra fuel in there, its a k20 engined pug anyway it will drink alot.