• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
DSYKES5500

Digital clock behaviour

DSYKES5500

Hi all,

Would someone be able to check the behaviour of their digital clock for me please?  (phase 2)

Mine doesn't light up while the car is running without the lights on but as soon as I put the lights on, the clock lights up along with the other dash lights.  In my old GTI, I'm pretty sure that the clock was always lit up when the car was running regardless if the lights were on or not so that you could see it in the daytime.

Thanks

SRDT

On my 309s the clock is always lit up but it's dimmed when you put the lights on, that way tou can see it in the daytime but it's not too bright at night.

It should be the same on a 205 as the clocks are essentially the same, Peugeot only changed the front panel.

DSYKES5500

Thanks.  The bulb isn't a weird double filament thing is it for dim/bright?

SRDT

I can't remember anything strange about the bulb.

acox99

Sounds like a dry soldier joint on the board itself. I had very similar behaviour that would come and go. Mine used to reset itself also 

DSYKES5500

I bought a replacement clock and was a little confused about the back of it. It has a twist out bulb, looks like a 509T. Mine has a bulb on a cable going back to the fuse box area. See pics. BUT, mine was cable tied into the clock so I suspect a bit of bodgery, although the connectors look factory.... have they used the glovebox harness and bulb or something?

20191124_142610.jpg

20191124_142545.jpg

SRDT

Do you have any pictures of the clocks? There may be more than one manufacturer but it's strange to find another wiring loom.

Or maybe just like the 309 the full transition from what we call "phase 2" took more than one year.

DSYKES5500

Pics of the clocks 

20191124_155817.jpg

20191124_155822.jpg

DSYKES5500

20191124_155846.jpg

DSYKES5500

I can't find a bulb for the glove box though..... I might reassemble that side first. 

SRDT

With a 4 pin clock like that you don't need any extra wiring harness to power the bulb and dim it.

I think I have seed this kind of bulb somewhere, isn't that the one from the cigarette lighter socket?

20191124_142545.jpg

Tom Fenton

Your clock needs a bulb and holder in the back of it. The floating small

bulb should illuminate the ashtray.

DSYKES5500

Ahh, great thanks!

I'm still in here tidying up the alarm system cables. Looks like a monkey and a dog had a go at doing it :(

Might go get a cuppa :)

Thanks again everyone. 

DSYKES5500

Got it working properly, thanks to everyone for the help :)