• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

HelmutGTI

How fit the roof spoiler?

HelmutGTI

Hi
does someone know how the rear spoiler is fixed? I saved all the screws when I screwed it of but the absolutely don’t fit now. The holes in the chassis is huge. Must be something I have missed??

thanks!

Telf

You need a set of plastic inserts for the screw to bite into. I fitted mine recently and had the same problem.

I bought a set of standard inserts they weren't Peugeot specific

soundguy

Telf, do you remember exactly what you bought in place of the Peugeot ones? I've had a go at remounting my spoiler but I think that's where I might be getting a leak.

Telf

Sorry I've no idea I went to a fasteners place showed them the dimensions and they sorted me some. 

Philpooma
On 11/9/2019 at 7:03 AM, HelmutGTI said:

Hi
does someone know how the rear spoiler is fixed? I saved all the screws when I screwed it of but the absolutely don’t fit now. The holes in the chassis is huge. Must be something I have missed??

thanks!

I dont know if this is going to help you, but I have attached an image of my car during the rebuild. On the image you can see the fixings that you are missing. They are shaped so that  they fit into the recesses in the back of the spoiler.

I imagine you could modify some generic fixings to hold your spoiler in place.

32320FB2-A352-482B-949E-F9B8C207F586.png

DSYKES5500
On 11/9/2019 at 7:03 AM, HelmutGTI said:

Hi

thanks!

Give me until Friday evening and I should know if I can get hold of some genuine ones :)

farmer

They are available from Peugeot but about 3,50 each

Packs of 20

HelmutGTI
10 hours ago, farmer said:

They are available from Peugeot but about 3,50 each

Packs of 20

Thanks 

I bought new from Peugeot Museum in France, I think they where a bit more expensive but you didnt have to order 20 pcs.