• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Alan_M

Rotten Inner Wing

Alan_M

I've acquired another 205 recently, which needs a little TLC. Having a poke about, it looks like the drivers inner wing requires attention - holes by the jack mount. Can someone tell me how the upper inner wing splits from the upper engine mount please? I was going to cut out the rotten bits, but there is so much of it I may well replace the entire panel.

White 205 Inner WIng.jpg

Edited by Alan_M

Alan_M

I was going to replace the panel with this from the dutch boys but it doesn't have the indent for the upper engine mount or am I missing something?

i287104489280713913._rsw480h480_szw480h480_.jpg

DamirGTI

For removing the top engine mount you'll need to take the engine out , then grind off the mount welds down on the chassis rail and also on the top of the mount on the wing  , and then it'll be free to give you space for working/cutting that entire section off .

Looks like that fabricated part will need some hammering , nothing especially hard or complicated , this is how the OE replacement panel looks without the mount :

20190715_105822_resize_59.thumb.jpg.edceb9abaddf9c48b3032f2481646f1e.jpg

20190715_105832_resize_17.thumb.jpg.ea5579aa12b0f9cdfe8af1f58a8bb7f5.jpg

s34nog

Folks,

Similar issue for me. Please see pics. Repair or possibly pattern part from arie at empa (if he even does them)? Which way would you go?

IMG-20191219-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20191219-WA0000.jpg

Leslie green

Get a repair panel from empa (arie Pronk ) he definitely does those left side inner wing panels.