• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Barry R

Gutmann 8v turbo

Barry R

Hi All,

I have been reading and getting inspired by Tom Fentons 1.6 turbo thread from a few years ago and love the ad hoc, tight as, attitude to getting the most from the 1.6 with a turbo. I know that it has been done by Turbo Technics but has anyone ever seen a 1.6 with the Gutmann turbo kit? 

Barry R

One of the reasons for asking about  Gutmann tuning is this, I have had it for some time and eventually would like to fit it to one of my Gti projects but would like any info if its out there? Hoping to find a suitable turbo, T25 I think but once again I seem to draw a blank when researching Gutmann tuning:( any help would be much appreciated.

20180321_104514.jpg

20180321_104523.jpg

20180321_104802.jpg

Tom Fenton

Looks a nice complete (ish) kit, however that front bumper is not pretty!

In practise the 5th injector stuff is really old tech these days, I personally wouldn't be too keen to try and re use that, you could however use all the cast alloy pipes etc to keep that look.

• Like 1

Barry R

I can only agree about the bumper, it certainly isn't pretty  and you've read my mind about the 5th injector stuff. When it does get off the ground I hope to got for a classic look but up to date control probably a Mbe ecu, loose the distributor, bigger injectors etc. I have a nice fully ported head and some JE forged low compression pistons so have made a start collecting bits and pieces. Its all a bit of a learning curve but a plan is hatching.

j_turnell

Wow, amazing find! As above I'd use the period Gutmann cast alloy pieces and run it on aftermarket managment. IIRC the standard airbox and piping are used on this setup, you could still use the afm just remove the flap. A later 8v thermostat housing would be useful as they ran a coilpack not a dizzy. The front valance is pretty hideous, i'd ditch the inercooler and use a stock cossie one or alike and run a standard front end. 

I'm doing something very similar as I have the Racing Look 2 kit, wheels, spoiler and i16v inlet so will be keeping the Gutmann inlet but ditching the old school management. 

• Like 1

opticaltrigger
On 10/31/2019 at 9:07 AM, Tom Fenton said:

In practise the 5th injector stuff is really old tech these days, I personally wouldn't be too keen to try and re use that, you could however use all the cast alloy pipes etc to keep that look

16 hours ago, j_turnell said:

Wow, amazing find! As above I'd use the period Gutmann cast alloy pieces and run it on aftermarket managment. IIRC the standard airbox and piping are used on this setup, you could still use the afm just remove the flap. A later 8v thermostat housing would be useful as they ran a coilpack not a dizzy.

Fantastic,,,,, I love it...

Totally with Tom and James here, and exactly as they both say above.

Keep all that great stuff you've got there and run it all on a modern standalone.

What a great project Barry, looking forward to some updates on it in the future.

All the best,

O.T.

Swazy
On 10/31/2019 at 9:19 AM, Barry R said:

One of the reasons for asking about  Gutmann tuning is this, I have had it for some time and eventually would like to fit it to one of my Gti projects but would like any info if its out there? Hoping to find a suitable turbo, T25 I think but once again I seem to draw a blank when researching Gutmann tuning:( any help would be much appreciated.

20180321_104514.jpg

20180321_104523.jpg

20180321_104802.jpg

Hi there!

i was able to own a nearly complete 8s-Kit, exhaust manifold and cooler are missing!

I just bought a genuine Dimma Cti, so my plans just turned, so i‘ll put my 8s-Kit for sale of someone is interested

regards

Patrick

Barry R

Hi Patrick, did you ever have the kit fitted or have any technical info about it?

Swazy

Not really to be honest. Bit you may check a guy called stmunzert at peugeotforum.de

he‘s driving a Gutmann Turbo 8s! Not sure he‘s registered here