• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Callum

1.9 gti master cylinder which one?

Callum

I need a replacement master cylinder and I was under the impression I need a 20.6 non abs one I found one on ebay from carpartsinmotion but they have said it won't fit can anyone help me out?  Here's a link to the one they have said will not fit;

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F333278533625

Thanks 

welshpug

gsf do them, or used to, same as a mk2 golf iirc, 4 port with blanking plugs included

welshpug

that looks fine, probably the same as what gsf would sell you.

Callum

I've had a look on gsf and they have a 60% sale on and they are showing metelli but there are 2 options for 20. 6, they have differebt length measurements what are the measurements of so I can check mine? 

Tom Fenton

Ring Brakes International Rochdale with your reg number they will supply you the right master cylinder.

• Like 1

Callum

I fitted a new master cylinder from brakes international and to start with it seemed to that have sorted the fault, pedal didn't travel far before it being fully depressed and felt solid almost like a block of wood when it touched the discs but now it has gone spongey again and starting to travel further before being fully depressed, it feels like there's 2 stages, I press them and initially it seems to be normal but the pedal goes spongey and travels further. Or it's like there's a pressure build up but it only lasts a second before being lost its hard to describe 

welshpug

I'd say there's still air in the system or the pressure limiters are faulty

Callum

It was perfect and stayed like that for about a week, I have noticed residue around the resivour on the lip around it. How can I test the limiters? I'm going to clamp the flexi hoses and see what happens and also check the condtion of them and for signs of swelling when the pedal is pressed 

Callum

I thought before doing anything else I would stick the bleeder on each nipple just in case there was still some air in the system and it's sorted the pedal feel out and its back to how it was after I fitted the new master cylinder so fingers crossed that's all it was time will tell