• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mmt

Pully dowel holes

mmt

Hi guys,

are there any differences between the pullies from a mi16 2.0 and the GTI6 engines? Are the dowel holes in the same place? 

Thanks. 

SRDT

It's not the same design, much like the whole head in fact.

welshpug

pin holes are in the same 70 degree from base line of the block, but its a 2 piece pulley on the xu9/10j4 and one piece on anything later or 8v.

Andy

Err, hate to contradict you , but I think it is the the other way around. The XU9/10j4 pullies are all one piece items, with slightly different offsets depending upon the number stamped on them (2/3/4) The later xu10j4rs engine with the different head had the two  piece vernier style pullies . I have no idea if the dowel holes line up between the two. 

mmt

Errr it is the lower pulley with a hole for a dowel to align into the block. 

Andy

Ah. Mia culpa Mei. I thought the reference was to cam pullies . Crank pulley. Dunno . 

gormspeed
On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 7:25 PM, mmt said:

Hi guys,

are there any differences between the pullies from a mi16 2.0 and the GTI6 engines? Are the dowel holes in the same place? 

Thanks. 

On the xu9 pulleys are 42 teeth, 360° divided by 42 is 8.57° per tooth, "2" is 114° and "4" was 106° so to get as close as poss without verniers you could get away with 105.43° by moving one tooth....

mmt

Thanks. 
I Will use the GTI6  crank pulley on the GTI6 engine and the mi16 one on the mi16 engine :-)