• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Gregg1980

205 ECU & AFM advice

Gregg1980

So, it turns out my 1.9 is running a 1.6 ECU and AFM. Can anyone confirm the right numbers, I'm led to believe the ECU should end in 359. Excuse my ignorance, but how important is it to have the AFM matching the correct ECU?

Thanks for any info guys 

Screenshot_20170929-164308.png

DamirGTI

1.6 ECU - 340

1.6 AFM - 056

1.6 Ignition distributor - 086

1.6 Injectors - blue (cant remember the digits..)

1.9 ECU - 359

1.9 AFM - 109

1.9 Ignition distributor - 066

1.9 Injectors - 762 , yellow

Matching ECU to AFM (or vice versa) is most important , with others you can kinda get away with .. but best to have complete matching set of components either 1.6 or 1.9 .. 1.6 system on 1.9 engine will make it running a little bit on the rich side too .

Anyways , if you have an WB probe to measure fuel mixture you can re-adjust the 1.6 AFM to make it work with the 1.9 ECU ... originally adjusted 1.6 AFM wont work especially good with the 1.9 ECU , the mixture will be off and i bet it'll idle like crap (had this combo years ago)

Any issues/complains with how the engine runs now ?

D

Edited by DamirGTI

Gregg1980

Thanks D, now I just need to find them somewhere 

Gregg1980

Runs a bit rich like you mentioned and once she warms up she's idling at about 2000rpm. Found an ECU, just need to source the correct AFM now

Tom Fenton

High idle is nothing to do with the fuel side of life. It is excess air somewhere, look for air leaks, SAD not closing properly, poor throttle body setup.

Gregg1980

I have said this to my mechanic as it's been mentioned a couple of time's, he said he's double checked for leaks. Guess there's no harm going over it again. Also has cold idle start instead of the sad, so I'm looking at getting that replaced as well, could be the problem or part of it