• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
arkham2008

Throttle body

arkham2008

I am having difficulty identifying which throttle body my H reg 205 cti should have any suggestion on where I can find out,  

arkham2008

What I should have said was after doing a lot of work on sorting the wiring under the bonnet to ignition, as well as replacing AFM SAD various sensors with tested working units. I thought I could get some relatively trouble free motoring. But after a 100 miles journey the car developed a serious misfire under load as I got home in the early hours I left the car until morning when starting the car the idle is very poor (much worse then standard) struggling then stalling.  Keeping the engine running  using the accelerator until the oil temp reaches normal when it will idle but when put under load the engine misfires holds back then surges but still with a misfire. the fuel economy has dropped but no disenable smell of fuel no air leaks. Now this were the above should have started I have systematically been testing refurbing replacing items on the engine I purchased an intake manifold complete a few years ago which I have refurbed but when I come to swap the unit the throttle bodies are different. So after a round about way of asking  I need to know which is the correct one and which ports are used.

Cheers Graham 

PS is it just me or does Peugeot ownership cause grey hair ;)

DamirGTI

There was some small variation in TB's trough the years , but they're all interchangeable and they usually do not cause any performance/running issues .

Seems like you have some ignition system problem instead . Bad ignition module or coil .

(dunno really , i'm counting 17 years of ownership and working on PSA machinery , and i still have thick brown hair with just a smidgen of grey ! maybe because there's always something to do on them so you never get a proper chance to bore yourself to death and grow grey hair and beard :P)

Have fun ! 205 was and still is an interesting journey , if you like working on cars by yourself .

D