• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sjors333

DW12 engine tractor pulling

Sjors333

Hello,

I am new here, we but tractor pulling tractors and drive them. We but them for the 600 kg class, and we now use the DW10 engine for that. 

I rear a lot of content about putting DW12 crankshafts in different engines to make them 2,3L and stuf like that on this forum. 

I like to know what the possibilities are with a DW12 engine? We are allowed to have a 2,5 liter engine with 8 valve's and one turbo. So the DW12 engine comes a bit short with only 2,2 liter. We make the pistons and pushrods ourselves. We make the pistons 86mm so it would be great if we can have a 106mm stroke crankshafts. Does anyone know a crankshaft that would fit the DW12 but has a bigger stroke than the 96mm? 

If you are interested, look up Easterbunny tractor pulling team on Facebook

https://m.facebook.com/EasterbunnyTractorpullingTeam/photos/?ref=page_internal&mt_nav=0&_rdr

Edited by Sjors333

B1ack_Mi16

Just get one crankshaft made in china then. There are XU10J4RS ones on Alibaba.com so they can probably make a long stroke one if you ask :)

Sjors333

They will cost a lot isn't it? I hope to find a standard crankshaft that fits with minor adjustments. I found a Honda k24 crankshaft on internet that has standard 99 mm stroke but there are also 106 versions available. But that will probably not fit the DW12 ? 

Sjors333

That's not to bad, do you have experience with China crankshafts ? 

B1ack_Mi16

Not at all, but I would like to. Sadly I've too litte cashflow to throw money at custom engine parts these days :(

Sjors333

But no knowledge about something standard that would fit?

I think we probably better make a crankshaft our self's rather than buying in China with the risk you never see the crankshaft where you are paying for. 

B1ack_Mi16

Might be if you have access to tooling / machines yourself. But I think 1300$ for a new custom stroke crank anyway would be cheap.

SRDT

The bore spacing on a XU/XUD/DW/EW is 93mm, it seems that the Mitsubishi Sirius engine is also at 93mm so maybe you can fit a 100mm crank:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi_Sirius_engine

Another way is to offset regrind the DW12 crank from 50 to 45mm.

The old DW12 block was taller than the DW10 and the bellhousing pattern was also bigger, it looks like the actual €6 DW12 is now using a DW10 block.