• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
h7xys

205 GTI 1.9 THROTTLE RESPONSE AT SLOW SPEED

h7xys

Ive just got a 205 gti 1.9 and done a bit of work on it,the issue i have is through town on slight throttle it jerks and jumps all over the place.

i thought it was the throttle switch which i replaced and reset up.next i had the air flow meter recon and then had mixture idle set up,but still driving through town the car jumps when throttle slightly touched,open road its fine.

the cars throttle body as 2 water hoses which ive found dont go any were so im starting to think its not the right body for the car?

any help would be great

mike hicks

Tom Fenton

They are all a bit like that. To be honest the easiest difference is use a gear or 2 higher in town.

Throttle bodies all have the unused pipe on the underside.

Thijs_Rallye

If it is a Jetronic they are lumpy at best. Might be worth checking out / setting the vacuum on the throttlebody then re-setting your iginition timing. (plus check your vacuum advance pot)

h7xys

great will check both of those

DamirGTI

Agreed , Jetronic 205's are always a bit "jumpy" on/off throttle ... part the reason is mechanical ignition , i found that some adjustments of the distributor mechanism can rectify/reduce certain percentage of the said issue , and for sure can do wonders on idle stability !

D