• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
feb

Which anti-rust protection treatment?

feb

I've imported a 2008 Impreza STi which is very clean underneath without any rust at all  (they don't use salt on the roads in Japan) and I would like to underseal it with something to make it stay as close as to the condition as it is at the moment.

What do you guys recommend?

I've spoken to a few people who use clear waxoil which looks good but I've heard mixed reviews regarding waxoil e.g. it could trap humidity(?) and there may be better products out there such as Dinitrol , Bilt hamber (Dynax UB) etc.
What would you guys recommend?

I would prefer a clear type look instead of the black stuff.

Edited by feb

welshpug

how well seam sealed and underseal/stonechip protected are they?  

the main waxoyl/dinitrol products are for cavities etc, for a finish more like oem you need to look for oem type products, see what bodyshops use, many will need an air supply to apply to the vehicle and can be overpainted, most of the cheaper shultz type stuff stays tacky and only come in black, not a fan of these myself!

I think 3m do a lot of pro stuff

feb

Seam seals look OK to me although I don't have something to compare them against.

There seems to be some underseal protection at places, not sure if the car has been steam cleaned when exported and it was removed (?) but I'd rather top it up.

Here is a photo of the underside. 

I'll check what bodyshops use and 3M , thanks man!

IMG_20190901_184100.jpg

Spesh

just used some upol gravitex on my 205 for stone chip, really pleased with it although it does need a compressor and gun

Leslie green
19 hours ago, Spesh said:

just used some upol gravitex on my 205 for stone chip, really pleased with it although it does need a compressor and gun

I've used gravitex before its tough and readily available and even comes in 3 colours ( black ,grey beige ) and can even be painted over but its quite brittle /hard and can be prone to chip off and its best to used a primer below it to give it something to grip onto.It does look nice when sprayed on though  and you definitely need a mask to spray it .

Edited by Leslie green

Spesh

mine has gone over chassis black as I never trust a single layer to do it. and your very correct about needing a mask, it's stinking stuff 

MrStock

I love Subarus

Batfink

I'm using Buzzweld Chassis In One on my car. Then ACF-50 on the suspension components.

feb

Thanks for the tips everyone.

I've used Dynax S50 on the underside and a clear wax (not sure which one TGM applied) on the suspension components.

IMG_20191019_090049.jpg

IMG_20191019_181957.jpg