• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Phil205

Hole in chassis

Phil205

(Pictures attached)

I put the car in the garage for some work today and the garage was shocked to see the hole in the chassis.

Also - leaking / corroded fuel pipes.

I am guessing that this would be very expensive to fix, if indeed possible ?

My car was MOT'd in August. It passed ok. Obviously, I am shocked that the corrosion hadn't been picked then.

1355961775_205Holeinchassis.thumb.jpg.88a64e0d30d889375dafe9b4c74dfc55.jpg1172557847_205fuelpipes.thumb.jpg.dc85669bbf1ae4c10147944295b9cfc9.jpg

Tom Fenton

Headlamp panel and inner wing rotten, quite common to be honest in that area, car can’t have been looked over too well before as it would have been better to catch it before it got that bad. Corrosion mot fail only applies within 12 inches of a suspension mounting area, so you could argue that bit isn’t a fail. Easy enough repair for someone that knows what they are doing. Fuel pipes again a simple enough job to replace, Baker Bm now do pre bent pipes which means they are a fairly straightforward remove/refit job.

Phil205

Thanks Tom,

Safe enough to drive whilst I find someone to fix it ?

Tom Fenton

Inner wing yes, fuel pipes no!

SootySport

Managed to remove the flow and return pipes myself with engine insitu.  Removed the fiddly top mounting bracket on the bulkhead, disconnected flexi ends from the fuel rail and filter, disconnected the tank flexi pipes, Unclipped the pipes from mountings under the floor and wriggled each pipe out undamaged. I guess you you can refit them in reverse order with a helping hand.   Front of car needs to be raised up though.

Phil205

Thankyou,

I have asked the garage to replace the fuel pipes with Tom's suggestion where to get the parts from.