• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

DSYKES5500

Throttle body hoses

DSYKES5500

Sorry another question. The small water pipes that go to the throttle body, should water just be able to pass up one side of the upturned "V" and down the other? Does this help warm the intake when the engine has been started?

Mine seem to be blocked solid, should I be able to push a pipe cleaner up one end and out the other?

On the picture I've cleaned one side up to show how bad they were. 

Thanks! Again!

20190829_181632.jpg

Tom Fenton

It is supposed to stop the intake icing. To be honest not really needed in the uk climate, you can leave them off and many folk have over the years. Simply pipe from the thermostat housing connection straight to the header tank. As you say there should be a passage for coolant to flow through.

• Thanks 1

DSYKES5500

Many thanks again Tom.  When I go to do one simple job I end up finding another!  This modern day GTI ownership is a lot different from my first one where I filled it up with Petrol and the Peugeot dealership changed the fluids now and then :D

All good fun though and I've learned TONS since I bought it.

When it's up and running I'll try and get it to a meet or two.