• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Ren89

1.6 xu5j 1990 ht leads firing order help!!

Ren89

Hi, I'm new to this site and I'm in need of some help. I have a 1.6 1990 with  xu5j engine and need help with the firing order, I know its 1-3-4-2 but need to know locations on the distributor cap, if anyone can help I would appreciate it. 

DSC_0158.thumb.JPG.10a9fe5a0522ce3d54f2bed3cf16ccd6.JPG

pug_ham

post-71-0-77486700-1456665976_thumb.jpg

Image shows an Mi16 but lead positions on the cap & engine is the same, not forgetting that #1 is at the flywheel end (nearest the dizzy).

g

Thijs_Rallye

Just to add: on the distributor (with the cap removed) you'll notice a small notch (+/- 8 o'clock position in image) as in the image below. This indicates cylinder 1 on the dizzy itself.

image.png.734c42a7d4503cb3cb07b74ed092ce70.png

Edited by Thijs_Rallye
  • Like 1

Ren89

Thanks for the help guys much appreciated but I'm just not 100% sure/confident on where each one goes based on the first image compared to mine. 

pug_ham
1 hour ago, Ren89 said:

Thanks for the help guys much appreciated but I'm just not 100% sure/confident on where each one goes based on the first image compared to mine. 

The only difference between the image & your cap is the king lead from the coil is facing the opposite way, other than that the leads to the plugs are in the exact same order.

205 dizzy cap.jpg

g

Ren89

OK thank you I've got it now cheers.