• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Atreides

Where to buy Torsion bars & rear ARB?

Atreides

Having done some reading, it seems that the general consensus used to be to buy from TB's and ARB's from 309PUG on here. However, it appears that he's disappeared (it's showing that he's not been on the site since 2017 :( ). The only other option seems to be Torsion Performance in Leicester, but I've read some dubious reports regarding weak splines etc.

Are there any other options left? 

petert

309PUG was certainly the man. I'm unsure whether he simply onsold stuff, but the product was great. I've had bars made locally, and unless they're hardened and tempered after machining, they simply sag. Particularly in 21mm. Perhaps you can get away with it 23mm? Do your research.

welshpug

specialtuning are pts, or rather the guys that took on the supply of the stuff when the factory decided to stop doing it.

Atreides

Looks like there are a few options left then.

Does anyone know if Stef's bars are heat treated, if anyone has any experience of them?

SootySport

Stef found me a set of arb’s sourced from Pug Racing, so I suggest you contact Miles Horne direct.   The bars were used Oe GTI.