• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

chris 417 mi

Finally bought a laser !!

chris 417 mi

So this weekend just gone i finally got back into a ( working) 205 gti !

I had been after a laser green 205 gti for a while and had even started a project ( see my post) to build one, however when this came up it was too good to pass up and basically was exactly what i wanted to build. 

Plus would have saved a decent amount buying a pre done one.

I made a weekend of collecting it with my son, we stayed over at a mates house in Royston and i took him in it to duxford air museum after collecting it on the saturday morning. 

Anyways ! here's the pictures :)

205 2.jpg

205.jpg

Edited by chris 417 mi
pics

chris 417 mi

205 preston.gif

205 seats.jpg

205 wash.gif

There's a few things to replace (Gearknob & linkages a bit worn) and the seats need a bit of attention, but it pulls like a train and did the 230 mile journey home faultlessly and on 1/4 of a tank :o

Now i have a white base model shell to get rid of ......

Edited by chris 417 mi

Porter87

Looks tidy that does! great buy! 

chris 417 mi

Cheers :) have been reading your thread too ! Where did you get the key blanks and did you manage to get your lock set sorted ? Mine are all on one key bar the ignition but I have a spare ignition barrel and key if it can be retumbled.

Porter87
1 hour ago, chris 417 mi said:

Cheers :) have been reading your thread too ! Where did you get the key blanks and did you manage to get your lock set sorted ? Mine are all on one key bar the ignition but I have a spare ignition barrel and key if it can be retumbled.

I ended up just keep the two keys (same as you, ignition on one, doors on another). I might get the whole set put onto one key eventually but not so fussed about having two at the moment. I got my key blanks from ebay but PSOOC sell the blanks also. I took them to be cut at a local Timpsons, Cost me £15 for 4 keys. 

boldy205

Looking good! What's the other car in the garage? GTIr??

chris 417 mi
10 hours ago, Porter87 said:

I ended up just keep the two keys (same as you, ignition on one, doors on another). I might get the whole set put onto one key eventually but not so fussed about having two at the moment. I got my key blanks from ebay but PSOOC sell the blanks also. I took them to be cut at a local Timpsons, Cost me £15 for 4 keys. 

Ahh right I’ll have to have a look then :) 

5 hours ago, boldy205 said:

Looking good! What's the other car in the garage? GTIr??

Yeah had her almost a year now, different driving expertise to the 205 but just as fun 

chris 417 mi

Recent pic with my neighbours 309 goodwood 

pulsar 1.jpg

Edited by chris 417 mi

boldy205

Very nice indeed!!! Always wanted one, maybe one day!

chris 417 mi
4 minutes ago, boldy205 said:

Very nice indeed!!! Always wanted one, maybe one day!

if you want one get one sooner rather than later as the price seems to be going up and the amount of decent examples going down :/ 

chris 417 mi
4 hours ago, Telf said:

nice. looks tidy

Cheers :) still needs a fair few bits sorted but it’s nice to be in one again after 7 years 

Telf

Yep. Mine was off the road for almost 3 years during its refurb. It took me a while  to get used to it again !

speno

Nice always liked laser , sold mine last year . Leet on here can match/fix locks  , he has done quite a few for me ,provides a very good service 

chris 417 mi
2 hours ago, speno said:

Nice always liked laser , sold mine last year . Leet on here can match/fix locks  , he has done quite a few for me ,provides a very good service 

Cheers I’ll drop him a pm :)

Tom Fenton

Another vote for Colin (leet). Done a few locks for me too.

chris 417 mi
6 hours ago, Tom Fenton said:

Another vote for Colin (leet). Done a few locks for me too.

Trying to find him, is his name literally just 'leet' ? 

if your going to pugfest next year mate ill have have to see if i can park it next to yours as you were the only laser there this year :P

Few more daft pics i've took the first night i had her near my mates in biggleswade 

205 tower.jpg

205 cambr.jpg

And her new garage mate :D

garage queens.jpg

first purchase came today and made a massive difference, cant tell the difference between it and the genuine ones really !  

gearknob.jpg

Edited by chris 417 mi

SRDT

You can try to rekey it yourself, look at how your keys are cut to see if you can just move the key pins or if you need extra ones. There are only 5 different pin length.

Atreides

That's a damn fine looking car you've got yourself there, Chris :)

Where did you buy your new knob from? I need a new one for mine, as its now literally falling apart!

chris 417 mi
15 hours ago, Atreides said:

That's a damn fine looking car you've got yourself there, Chris :)

Where did you buy your new knob from? I need a new one for mine, as its now literally falling apart!

Cheers :D

Gearknob wise, now it’s been on a few days and maybe the warm weather hasn’t helped but it’s became a fair bit “rubbery” to feel if that makes sense ? 

Guessing the plastic used has more rubber in its moulding that the originals.

I got it off eBay the seller is ritmo1985, it will do for this year but next pugfest I’ll see how the desbrough etc makers ones look and feel :(