• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Kitsune

Harness expiration date

Kitsune

Sounds an odd question but I have a sabelt 6point 3inch harness, it was purchased new way back when and there's an expiration date tag which has long since passed. Is this purely for race purposes? Item is to be sold but only if I know it's ok to do so. There's also some fraying to the anti sub strap, does anyone know if this would cause any issues from an MOT perspective?

Thanks in advance

barneys66

Yes on only relevant for racing (where regulated), but not a concern for track days, etc - just advertise it as out of date and people will know what you mean and bid accordingly.

My harnesses expired years ago and are never commented on come MoT time (or MSA-regulated autosolos), and with the frayed sub strap the new owner could just tuck it out of sight for the Test / run without depending on their own requirements.

Kitsune

Barney, thanks for the info, the fraying is on the internal side and just on the edges and not what I would call immediately obvious. I thought that might be the case ref the expiration date but just wanted to be sure before hitting the classifieds.

Cheers fella

barneys66

No worries - sounds like it's not a big concern for the would be owner.

Good luck with the sale of your bits; the car is really, really tempting..!

Kitsune

Helps that it's only the sub strap as well, would be more concerned if it was the main strap!

I'll take all the luck I can get! Don't really want to have to part with the car but the situation is out of my hands. On a positive note, at least someone else will be able to finish the car and get some enjoyment from the old girl...hopefully!