• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Spesh

306xsi 266mm - hoses?

Spesh

Just checking before I order - Are stock 1.9 front brake hoses suitable for the 306xsi 266mm setup?  Lucas calipers if that makes a difference.  

Thanks

Anthony
4 hours ago, Spesh said:

Just checking before I order - Are stock 1.9 front brake hoses suitable for the 306xsi 266mm setup?  Lucas calipers if that makes a difference.  

The standard hoses are normally fine on 266mm brakes - they're too short (or at best, marginal) for the 283mm GTi-6 setup though.

Tom Fenton

Not to do with the hoses but the 306XSI 266mm brakes aren't great. I used them on one of my cars some years ago, they were not an upgrade. If you look at the pad surface area it is very small. The 206 GTI etc 266mm brakes however use a much bigger pad and are a good improvement, they are also very plentiful second hand.

petert

I used 306 HDi calipers for a while. They seemed ok and had a pad area similar to GTi6.  Not that makes a huge difference, it’s the pad compound that counts.

calvinhorse
On 8/12/2019 at 7:26 AM, Tom Fenton said:

Not to do with the hoses but the 306XSI 266mm brakes aren't great. I used them on one of my cars some years ago, they were not an upgrade. If you look at the pad surface area it is very small. The 206 GTI etc 266mm brakes however use a much bigger pad and are a good improvement, they are also very plentiful second hand.

Don’t these also fit under a 14” speedline 

Tom Fenton

The 306XSI did not when I tried. I think the 206 GTI do.

wicked

Note that you can find the 206 gti brakes also under base model 207's, c3's etc. Often in better shape and without the 'gti' premium on the price...