• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

DSYKES5500

Radiator fan switch type?

DSYKES5500

Hi all,

My radiator fan switch seems to have packed up. I can bridge pins 1-2 and 1-3 in the plug and get the fans working. I've currently got the three pin blue plug switch at the moment but I've no idea if this is correct for my car. It's a 1992 non cat 1.9. Does the colour of the plug determine the temperature range of the switch? Would anyone know which is correct for my car? I've attached a picture of the different part numbers from ECP.  I've done a search on here but can't find an answer. Should I go for a Valeo one? Sorry for all the questions!

20190807_172618.jpg

Tom Fenton

Switches have a coloured band that denotes the temp range. Red band is correct for GTI.

• Thanks 1

DSYKES5500
13 minutes ago, Tom Fenton said:

Switches have a coloured band that denotes the temp range. Red band is correct for GTI.

Ahh! Thanks Tom, I've just been out to check. I've attached a picture, I'd not noticed the red band!  Thanks!

20190807_181320.jpg

PhilNW

Does anyone know the temperature range of the GTI switch?

I have got an after market one recently and not sure if its the right temperature range.

welshpug

does it have a red band?

look at your old one, it'll have the temp range and part number stamped into the spanner flats, iirc gti was the highest of the temperature ranges shown above.

PhilNW

I have found the original Peugeot? switch and for the record

It does have a red band with a part no 9340301 and 97 and 101 (which I guess is the temp range) stamped on the side.

The aftermarket one (does not have a red band) has a part no TS1556 and 97/92 and 101/96 stamped on the side 

Welshpug - you were right it is the highest in the range, thanks for the guidance, seems I did get the right one.

Edited by PhilNW

stewal

Phil,

From what you say you may have the right one but aftermarket ones do not always have the colour band.

Your new one is cut in at 97, cut out at 92 for the first speed and cut in at 101 and out at 97 for the fast speed.

That appears to be the same as the one you replaced?

cheers

Steve

PhilNW

Yes service Box shows a number of temp options, the one I bought match the numbers of the low high speed option