• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Atreides

What to lower the rear by with Eibach 7001 springs?

Atreides

I've tried searching for a general consensus on this question, but found no real answers.

I realise the Eibach 7001's lower the front by around 30mm, but is a similar 30mm drop on the rear advisable?

As standard, Gti's tend to sit with an almost negative rake i.e. they look like the rear is lower than the front, and I'm wondering whether just a 20mm drop at the rear would produce a more 'even' effect.

boldy205

I'd drop it the same front/rear. Rear might look lower if the  beam is knackered?

Duroc

The rear arch is lower than the front.....that's why they look lower at the rear if they're flat

jord294

Eibach realistically around 25mm. If refreshing front suspension, I advise refreshing rear axle if no recent history 

Atreides

Thanks guys.

I cant believe that after all these years of owning several 205's that I never realised before that the rear arches sit lower on the body that than the fronts!...