• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dawning

Driveshaft over extension

dawning

Hi, hoping someone here might be able to give me some advice.

I've just replaced the engine mounts, suspension arms, and a front spring on my Citroen c15 which shares its parts with the 205, put it all back together and it will barely move, juddering and locking the front wheels. The front of the car rides up then rolls backwards when I try to drive it.

I had to take the long drive shaft out to do the engine mount and was careful not to damage it but I'm thinking this is the only thing it can be.

There's a bit online about driveshaft over extension, but it doesn't seem to be that common. Does anyone have any experience of this?

I could buy a new drive shaft for 60 quid but that seems crazy as it was working fine when I took it apart. Has anyone got any experience of this? Can I pop it back into place of have I destroyed it?

Tried to drive it a few times as well thinking it might have been the brakes as I replaced them as well.

Really appreciate any help.

Rich

mikeyd

have you pulled the shaft apart by accident and cv joint disintegrated+ have hockey stick bolts and bearing gone back into engine mount fully ??

dawning

Possibly pulled the shaft apart by mistake :( but was being careful not too, yeah the bearing was back in position when I put it back.

Got a chance to take the shaft out tomorrow, hoping I won't need a new one.

Cheers for you reply