• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

lahondal

Megasquirt misfire

lahondal

Hi all. 

We have a 205 turbo 8v, running on a megasquirt based ecu named kdfi v1.4

The car runs fine for four or five kilometers of hard driving on a tarmac stage and then suddenly starts to misfire like if 2 cylinders were shut off and power delivery falls dramatically. 

Anyway, idle is fine, and after waiting a couple of minutes all reverts to normal running. 

Changed the coil, no changes.

New spark plugs and magnecor 10mm sparkplug wires, no changes. 

We have played with dwell angle from 2.8 to 3.4ms (in a stock Peugeot coil pack), no changes. 

We have moved the coil pack to a cooler place, no changes. 

Any opinions???? 

mrmut

hello
measure the compression of all cylinders from when the problem arises , to eliminate a mechanical defect.

Henk_Vonk

Do you have a log file where it happents?

lahondal

No I not have a log, but can make one and post here to see. 

The engine is fresly rebuilt fron top to bottom at the same time we have mounted the megasquirt, it can be mechanical but i would be very surprised if it is. 

Anyone knows the nominal dwell time for the Peugeot 4pin coilpacks? 

Tom Fenton

Have you got a wideband fitted, what does the fuelling do at this point?

Thijs_Rallye

Interested to see what the fueling is doing at that moment when it starts to fail. My first guesstimate would be one of the coil drivers in the MS ECU is overheating / failing.

• Like 1

lahondal

We have a wideband of course, but after the rolling road session, in which the car behaved just fine (???) the lambda sensor died. New sensor is way home. 

I forgot to say the ecu had to be sent back the supplier to be repaired as in the very first fire attempt it have burnt herself. When it arrived from the supplier and repaired still have problems with the fuel pump output and we have had to use a programable output with >30rpm fuel pump activation. 

So that's because we are thinking on a ecu fail, but as I didnt have ever a damaged ecu I don't know how they behaves. 

mrmut

What is your MS model?

Which version of the PCB is

Let me try to help you