• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

All Praise The GTI

Digital Clock

All Praise The GTI

So my clock has worked perfectly for the short time I've been driving the car. Then I noticed this morning it's died. It's not the usual gone dark as bulbs gone as that's working it's done the complete opposite it's fully lit up bright so no numbers etc :(

took it out and apart and see no obvious issues. 

can this be fixed?

if not anyone got a new LCD or whole clock they don't want stupid money for please :)

annoying as I've been fiddling with the stereo (which is now fully working) but the clocks died. Bloody typical! 

Adamstanford

Does the clock work if you wiggle the plug and wires on the back of it? 

I took mine apart and resoldered the connections, they had hairline cracks in barely visible. Clock now clocking. 

DSC_0409.JPG

All Praise The GTI

Nope unfortunately not. I searched and found your old post actually and tried that. PCB looked ok by eye. It's weird it's lighting up fully quite bright no digits Atall. We do soldering at work under microscopes so il take it back out and look at the solder joints under a scope monday.

Thijs_Rallye

Resolder the PCB pins and it'll most likely be fine. The islands often crack of the connector posts.

All Praise The GTI

So I checked the PCB under a microscope and behold there was a hairline crack on one of the connector posts. Resoldered them and still the same. It lights up but no numbers displayed :(

Adamstanford
On 7/17/2019 at 7:34 AM, All Praise The GTI said:

So I checked the PCB under a microscope and behold there was a hairline crack on one of the connector posts. Resoldered them and still the same. It lights up but no numbers displayed :(

That's a shame it was an easy repair for me. Maybe a new clock is needed in your case.