• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mmt

Track width

mmt

hi Guys

I’m fettling with front and rear track width. Can anyone share some insights on setup. I have a track test Day comming up in less than a month and trying to find a decent base setup. Right now the car is with equal front and rear track. 

Car is racecar only. 

Thanks. 

welshpug

205 should be wider at the front as standard  and they work best wider still at the front and standard rear.

mmt

Thanks. 

How much/little wider at the front ? Would 1cm wider at the front be an ok starting point?

Mac Crash

doesn't matter, just keep it the way it was designed like WP says, don't use spacers, 309 axles or any of that rubbish, to be honest though, unless you really know what you're doing then you won't notice any difference anyway...

Henry 1.9GTi

309 wishbones are a good starting point as give a wider track along with a bit of negative camber. That's all I use regards track width and works well.

petert

It just depends on how radical you want to go. Where do you stop? For example, my friend Parry uses BX driveshafts, whilst I use 405. Have a look at Colin’s car. Those wheels don’t stick out that far with spacers. I have no idea what length driveshaft he uses, but they aren’t 205 or 309. Ditto for the rear. I use longer stub axles, supplied by Bridgecraft, in order to keep the front:rear ratio correct.

Concentrate more on getting as much positive castor as you can, by laying back the top of the strut with new mounting points. 

Make sure you have 25mm of front to rear rake.

Fit the best dampers you can afford and quality tyres.

Edited by petert

mmt

Thanks guys

as Peter rightly writes it all comes down to time and how much spending one is perpared to do. 

The test Day is in fact going to be a test day. 

Got the rake right, got it corner weighed. Most of the wheel angles are also in the right Ball park- I believe. 

Which toe Would you have at the back? 0  or slightly toe in? 

Thanks again.