• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
soundguy

What happens to an XU 1.9 when there’s no coolant in it?

soundguy

As one of the last jobs I did to prepare for a classics/rally outfit to look at my 205, ID some issues and get it running, I filled the reservoir with fresh coolant before it went on the back of their recovery truck.

A few emails, visits, new parts bought, and after some money changed hands it was running. I don’t know how often or long it had been running when they were working on it but it was delivered back to me without coolant.

I can’t prove I handed it over to them with coolant in the res so I haven’t got a leg to stand on really.

I just want to find out what the extent of the damage could be and how to ID any damage.

Any thoughts please?

pugdamo

All you can do really is fill it back up with coolant and run it up, as long as it gets up to temp, fan cuts in and out and it doesn't use any water your ok. 

mikeyd

if they were a professional company you would think that they would check oil/water prior to running it or at least tell you about leaks etc !!!