• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

JC_GTI

Clarion Radio - Help :-)

JC_GTI

Hello Everyone, I am now a proud owner of an F Plate 205 GTI - delivered yesterday and I am made up.  However there are a few niggles the first one is the Clarion radio is stuck showing 1111 not sure what this means - is it locked and does anyone know how to reset it please?

AA184B08-332D-422A-9EC6-2C72EDD0D0C3.JPG

JC_GTI

Also has anyone any ideas why the rear wiper/window heater may not work?  It only passed MOT in May so must have been operational then.  Are there any connections that may come loose?

jackherer

Nice 205, welcome to the forum :)

The rear wiper and window heater aren't part of the MOT test so they might not have worked for years! Check for loose connections in the tailgate itself, take off the plastic cover inside to get at the wiper motor etc. There is also a ground/earth connector that can be accessed from the left side of the boot in the area behind the left tail light. It could also be a fault in the wiring going through the rubber convoluted tube into the tailgate but those are normally very reliable on 205s.

You need a four digit code for the radio -

JC_GTI

Thanks Jack. Do these loose wires explain my predicament?  I can't find a home for them :-( 

IMG_2395.JPG

jackherer

I think the unplugged brown/red wire should go into the connector you currently have a yellow wire plugged into.

And I think the yellow wire should be in the relay socket like the other wires (white and blue etc).

JC_GTI

Cheers I will have a look at that and see if can can switch them around.  What's probably not clear is that blue and white double going into the white connector is also disconnected from somewhere. It seems to come from the same place as the brown and the yellow cables. I could do with seeing a photo of one properly wired really to understand it. 

Tom Fenton

Blue and white should go to the central locking motor for the boot lock.

JC_GTI

Thanks so much for your help!  I did the yellow wire/brown wire fix and now I think I have power to the wiper but it just clicks when you turn it on - no life at all.  Would that suggest the motor is dead? I have checked everywhere on the boot looking mechanism and I can't find anywhere for that blue/white cable to go - I didn't think it had central locking to be honest?   

Thanks again 

jackherer

It does sound like the motor is dead in that case. It could be the relay though, even if it is clicking. Also, where is the black wire going on the right side of your photo? I think that is the ground and should have a ring connector on it that screws to the tailgate sheet metal.

All 1.9 GTIs had central locking.

2-Pugs

Regarding your radio code, look up Henry Yorke on here or facebook.  He has worked out how to decode them.

Telf

search for a thread I made on here- I listed all the codes possible.

it doesn't take long to work through the list