• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

stumpyjag

306 Front Hub Carrier

stumpyjag

Hi all. I’ve managed to get hold of a brand new hub carrier for my 306 dturbo. It looks like everything is correct apart from it looks like it has a 18mm hole for the ball joint. To save me having to start looking for one all over  again does anyone know if it’s ok to just change the car over to a 18mm ball joint. 

Many thanks. 

welshpug

yeah you can just swap to an 18mm bj, theres pas and non pas types.

stumpyjag

That’s great thanks. Bit annoyed really I ordered from autodoc gave them vin code and even checked the wheel bearing and ball joint diameters and they assured me it was 16mm.  Now they want me to pay to send it back to Germany if I want the 16mm one. 

Alan_M
On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 9:13 PM, stumpyjag said:

That’s great thanks. Bit annoyed really I ordered from autodoc gave them vin code and even checked the wheel bearing and ball joint diameters and they assured me it was 16mm.  Now they want me to pay to send it back to Germany if I want the 16mm one. 

Not sure of this is allowed but I have a pair of BJs, brand new TRW ones that I no longer need. I can double check later on if they're 18mm ones, and we can discuss a fee?