• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

LLL

Side trim clips damaged

LLL

Hi, I'm in the process of renewing the side trim pieces on my car and unfortunately on removal of the trim, a number of the rectangular metal brackets have pretty much rusted to nothing! The rest of the clips are OK and I have a good selection of new clips that will allow me to replace most of them - the problem is that I don't have any of the metal clips and I'd like to avoid having to spend a load of money on a full set of clips off ebay to only use a couple of them. 

Can anyone advise where I may be able to get a few of the metal clips on their own? 

These are the ones I'm after - many thanks in advance for any advice / info. 

Cheers, 

Rob. 

Screenshot_20190622-084251_eBay.jpg

Gaz205

If it helps, you don't actually need them. They are only anti rattle clips.

Telf

I have just rebuilt my car post full paint job. I found these clips new very difficult to fit over new rivets- to the point they where marking the new paint. Ive left them off. So far no issues , nothing fallen off , no rattles.

MrAndy
28 minutes ago, Telf said:

I have just rebuilt my car post full paint job. I found these clips new very difficult to fit over new rivets- to the point they where marking the new paint. Ive left them off. So far no issues , nothing fallen off , no rattles.

Wow!! You learn something new everyday.

-A-

LLL

Spot on - thanks for the info. I'll refit without them and see how I get on. 

Cheers, 

Rob