• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

duurtlang

CTi (/CJ/CT/convertible) door-related rubber seals. Any definitive answers or creative solutions?

duurtlang

As most will know all rubber parts on the doors shrink and simply become horrible after 3 decades. 32 years in my case. Peugeot doesn't offer new ones and all old other 205 convertibles have the same issues, so there is no way to get the original parts in good condition. I know that Peugeot itself is making these parts for the hatchback again. Not cheap, but it's an option. The window treatment on the convertible doors is different though, so you cannot use the new parts from the hatchback.

My question is two-fold:

1. Does anyone know if Peugeot (or Pug1Off, Baker, ...) is planning on re-manufacturing these parts for the convertibles?
  2. Is there a creative solution to create your own? Use parts from 205 hatchbacks, other Peugeots, Citroens, totally unrelated cars? Stretch the old rubber parts in a lasting/reliable way? Anything?

2c93d20a.jpg

javiernei

Did you solve this? I am with the same issue.