• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

grelley

Parts availability

grelley

Hi I was wondering if anyone can help. I have been unable to find a part number for the cam cap bolts (M6 capscrews) for an XU9J4. I could use standard cap screws, but would prefer to use originals if I can. Also I am told the rubber sealing rings that seal the spark plug holes are NLA. Is there an alternative supplier.

Thamks in advance Stephen

petert

Graham Wallis on AussieFrogs is currently scraping a head. Ask him if you need a full set. Otherwise I have a few spares.

grelley

Thanks Peter. I will follow this up.

Regds Stephen

JeffR

Spark plug seals are available from Spoox-

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-405-1-9-Mi16-Citroen-BX-16v-XU9J4-Rocker-Cover-Spark-Plug-Oil-Seals-4-/181271614718

Tom Fenton

The original cap heads are pretty soft and it’s not uncommon the heads round out. I’d choose to fit new cap screws rather than used. There is nothing special about them.

grelley

Hi, thanks for the responses. I will organise the plug tube seals. Re the cap screws, probably aftermarket SHCS are harder and as my engine has lash cap adjusted valve clearances the screws are in and out a bit more than the standard setup. I will go with std.SHCS  but will now look to source some thin 6 mm hardened flat washers similar to the OEM ones.

Many thanks Stephen