• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Olie205 x

Peugeot 205 TU engine mount help

Olie205 x

Hi guys,

I’m currently in the process of converting my base model 205 to run a 1.6 8v Saxo vtr mk2 engine on twin 40 dellorto carbs. I’ve hit a problem where the inlet manifold doesn’t clear the drivers side stabiliser mount at the top and overlaps one of the inlet port closest the cam pulley. I was wondering whether I’d have to fabricate a mount somehow or whether someone has any alternatives? I don’t want to have to cut the ally cast mount down and only use two of the 3 bolts. Pictures attached. Thanks Olie

A92B6657-B65F-4275-B038-B04BC65ADF3C.png

88C8ADE2-FFDD-4F80-9D30-D407D0D0F560.jpeg

4504ACE7-D519-442F-A6D0-0E0BAE13A5B1.jpeg

calvinhorse

Colin satchel used to do a mount for this conversion

people used to cut the mount you have down on the 16v conversion, never heard of any problems but obviously it’s not ideal

could it be machined down low enough so it still catches the 3rd bolt hole and you can use a short bolt rather than the stud? 

Olie205 x

Hi Calvin, 

yes im sure that 3rd stud closest the inlet could be extracted and have a bolt in place instead. I was just wondering if I had the mount machined down more whether it would weaken its structure. It’s only cast aluminium. The other option I have I suppose is having a steel mount and use the two holes on the mount and get rid of the other but then bolt it also to the waterpump housing as that has some pre threaded holes. I take it Colin doesn’t do them anymore?

thanks 

Olie205 x

So it's been over a year since I posted here, I had this mount made but engine doesnt quite seem to sit the same and am worried about putting strain on the driveshafts. Had anyone found someone that makes these yet? Thanks 

20210228_144642.jpg