• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
lahondal

Tu1 carb to Tu5 injected.

lahondal

Hi all. 

I'm in the process of changing  a carbed Tu1 to a injected tu5 from a saxo vtr. 

Im in the final work I hope but I have a question that I can't resolve using the search. 

I placed an external fuel pump in the lowest possible position and have connected it to the centered hose of the fuel tank pickup. I have supposed that the center pipe is the feed, and the eccentric pipe is the return line, I'm okay? 

The fuel pump sounds a bit in the loud side, like is struggling to pump the fuel, just like when they are running with less fuel than it should be. 

Previously I have sucked from the engine bay to bleed the circuit and get the pump full of fuel prior to the first start. 

Thanks! 

lahondal

Hi all again. 

Still having problems with fuel pump. I have tried it without the tiny carb type pickups (4-5mm id) and the pump have seemed to became a little less loud, so I have taken the car for a ride and after a few kilometers the pump get louder and louder, so no solution yet. 

I have purchased a new Bosch unit and although in the first ride seems to be OK, after a more spirited drive I have felt some power bumps along the revs, and the pump became a bit louder. 

It's driving me crazy. 

My current config is:

A rubber hose submerged on tank, with the end close to the bottom, it's a 8mm ID hose, then this goes to the pump inlet. 

A 8mm pipe to the front of the car and to the fuel rail. 

Then the rail outlet goes through a 6mm ID hose, then below the car through a 6mm ID pipe and then directly to the tank. 

Fuel pump is attached between tank and chassis, front side of the tank, just below rear passengers footrest. 

Any opinion? 

Edited by lahondal

Tom Fenton

Why make it difficult, fit a GTI pump and carrier, job done.

lahondal

IIRC I will need the gti fuel pump and fuel sender, as they are placed in wrong position in the tank holes. My tank have the fuel pickup in the small hole, and the sender in the large hole. The gti setup is just the opposite way. 

I'm correct?