• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dwainb1986

Plastic trim

dwainb1986

Hi everyone.

Well a year ago I started a rebuild restoration with my Ltd 1.6 gti in Miami blue and originally was going to put my mi16 engine in and changed my mind due to wanting to keep it original. 

Anyways as I got further into the project and having all the engine bay stripped cleaned and painted with mostly new/painted parts I decided the rest of the car had to be done lol so after more money long hours at work to pay for it it's now booked in for new quarter welding in new inner wing headlight  pannel and a full respray !! Can't stop now with all the money that's already been put into it.

Anyways as I've started to strip it ready for paint most of the red bumper strips are slightly bent/ wonky and the trim had been put on in the past with some very tough sealant .. is there a solution to remove the solvent and also where can I buy new clips etc as I'm not sure how they go back on properly and I certainly not keen on sticking them back on . And is there a trick to straighten the red inserts? 

Telf

You can buy the red inserts as a complete set from the Peugeot museum. £250 or so. I tried straightening mine but it looked rubbish so bought a set instead.