• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

hcmini1989

306 S16 engine wiring help

pug_ham

Liam, answering your questions in order;

Tachy wiring, There is a recent topic about modifying the rev counter to work from a digital ecu signal here directly under yours in this section that is lots cheaper than the Spoox or other manufacturers kit, I swapped the internals to use those from a donor 405 that had been running MM8P for another person on here a good few years ago & posted about it here.

IIRC I landed lucky with a BX using MP3.1 in my local scrapyard & grabbed the rev counter from that for mine.

Your car should have a shunt box originally afaik, the wire from the battery to the starter / alternator isn't fused & wiring to the shunt box is two leads to M6 studs from the battery positive & then from the shunt box are feeds to the fuse box, ecu & cooling fan (which has it's own self contained loom).

g

hcmini1989

Thanks Graham and Mei . Think I have got it all sorted now. Looks like the S16 loom has a nice shunt box set I can utilise and I do have a body loom for the 205 I can use. Stay safe all