• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
artois7

Which underseal?

artois7

Most of the underseal on the rear of my 309 is pulling away.

I'm going to grind it all back, put a rust converter on it and then cover it with something. Any recommendations?

Currently haven't got an air compressor so looking at spray cans or brush on solutions, but also considering ordering a compressor anyway.

Richie-Van-GTi

get a compressor and use Raptor or Gravitex

DanteICE

Don't ask me how I know this, because I've no idea, but the original factory stuff was by a company that's now sort of defunct/bought out, however they had a very rubbery seam sealer coating (beige in colour) and then an outer coating of slightly rubbery stone chip (black in colour), if my memory serves me correctly the original company was bought out by Teroson and they still sell those products under another name but the stone chip equivalent is TEROSON SB 3140 Anti-Chip Coating  and the seam sealer equivalent is TEROSON RB 53 (brushable) or TEROSON MS 9320 SF (sprayable)

Oh btw, from memory the stone chip can be done with standard air compressor spraying kit, but the seam sealer requires some proper spray hardware and that's like £500 ;)

Edited by DanteICE
  • Like 1

yeti-dj

hi,

I recently removed al the original coating on the underside of my 205. After a bit of research I went with gravitex, obviously you'll need a small compressor to do the job but I was more than happy with the results. I bought a kit from Ebay that included the gun you'll need and 5 bottles of Gravitex that was more than enough to do the front panel, the whole floor including the boot and all 4 under arches. Not too messy which was also a bonus.