• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
stumpyjag

Setting idle

stumpyjag

having issues setting the idle. Can someone please confirm that when I put the breather pipe back on the top of the throttle body (the small one that goes to the oil cap) the revs shouldn’t rise by about 300rpm. If I blank the throttle body I can set the revs ok but as soon as I put the pipe back on I have problems but I can’t seem to find a leak!!!

stumpyjag

Quick update. I have managed to find a tear in the breather pipe from the sump to the oil filler neck which has helped a lot. But if I blow down the filler pipe although there is now pressure build up air is still escaping. Am I now looking for something that doesn’t matter or should I keep looking. Thanks. 

Tom Fenton

You are blowing into the crank case. The air is escaping through the other breathers. That is normal.

stumpyjag

Thanks, I blocked all the other breathers off and the air is coming from the cam cover breather is that normal. Am I right in thinking that the revs are rising when I put the breather back on the throttle body because I have a air leak. 

estland

Well...If you put the breather back on,the engine will be sucking air around the throttle valve. So it should give a slight rise in revs.

Can't the revs be compensated by the idle set screw?

stumpyjag

Hi thanks for the reply I managed to find the leak after doing a pressure test so all good now.