• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

IRISH_MI16

Es9j4s rwd gearbox

IRISH_MI16

With the mi16 just about done and ready for the summer of fun, I've gone and bought myself a very rough but solid 505 gti. 

Im planning on putting a Es9j4s into it but have no idea what gearbox to use for it. If anyone has any ideas on what box to use I'd love to hear it

boldy205

Someone was bolting an Omega box onto the back of a Pug engine not so long ago I seem to remember? 

SRDT

The only road car with an non transverse ES9J4 was the Venturi Atlantique 300 Biturbo, using the Renault UN1 transaxle.

With the ES9J4 you're playing on hard mode, if you want a Peugeot V6 use the ZPJ(4).

welshpug

anything can be done, just depends how much you want to pay, why not try and mate it to the original gearbox?

SRDT

The gearbox is linked with the diff so yes it would be better to keep it.

IRISH_MI16
On 5/9/2019 at 7:52 PM, welshpug said:

anything can be done, just depends how much you want to pay, why not try and mate it to the original gearbox?

Original box is an auto so that has to go lol

If the v6 is going to prove more awkward than it's worth I have an Sri turbo 406 engine I could use that an an ldv box

SRDT

The 504/604/505 use a torque tube to link the gearbox to the diff so it's not that easy to fit another gearbox:

WERK5.JPG

Here is a 505 T16 build:

http://www.505turbo.com/forum/index.php?/topic/3714-peugeot-505-t16/

The guy did a 3.0 v6 build before:

http://www.505turbo.com/forum/index.php?/topic/2859-86-505-gti-30-v6/&tab=comments#comment-21938