• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

beyada

205 XS door hinge pins

beyada

My 205 XS needs new door hinge pins but cant identify the ones that are on the car. Attach some photos. Can anyone help and let me know where I can buy them. Thanks 

20190419_234105.jpg

20190419_234155.jpg

Archie's mid life crisis

Those look like the roll pin type. I recently did this job and I couldn't source original Peugeot replacements (part number 904430). Full hinge sets are available on fleabay, tho.

I used standard 7 X 50 roll pins and they have worked fine apart from one hinge where the hinge bracket had worn excessively. For that one I welded up the bracket holes and re-drilled to the correct size. 

It's worth pointing out that the original Peugeot pins had a raised lip that engaged in the hinge bracket that made sure that the pin rotated in the body hinge only. If the hinge bracket holes are a bit worn you may find that the roll pin wants to turn in the bracket rather than the hinge.

beyada
12 minutes ago, Archie's mid life crisis said:

Those look like the roll pin type. I recently did this job and I couldn't source original Peugeot replacements (part number 904430). Full hinge sets are available on fleabay, tho.

I used standard 7 X 50 roll pins and they have worked fine apart from one hinge where the hinge bracket had worn excessively. For that one I welded up the bracket holes and re-drilled to the correct size. 

It's worth pointing out that the original Peugeot pins had a raised lip that engaged in the hinge bracket that made sure that the pin rotated in the body hinge only. If the hinge bracket holes are a bit worn you may find that the roll pin wants to turn in the bracket rather than the hinge.

Thanks for the reply really useful info. 

farmer

I have original new pins about 30 in total 

beyada
46 minutes ago, farmer said:

I have original new pins about 30 in total 

Hi farmer I'll need a set for the drivers and passenger side. Do you have the white plastic cap inserts as well? 

farmer

Hi

No, but you will get them from a dealer, part number = 6983 23 

£5 per pin plus post ( post £1.10 )

Last Peugeot price was £5.86 per unit 

Vezzy

Could I get two door pins please farmer?

Tom Fenton

Just be warned that usually it’s the hinge worn, not the pin. Eg, you MAY fit new pins to find it’s no better.

Vezzy

Our pin is snapped in half!!

Edited by Vezzy

Philpooma
On 9/1/2019 at 7:59 PM, Tom Fenton said:

Just be warned that usually it’s the hinge worn, not the pin. Eg, you MAY fit new pins to find it’s no better.

Just picking up on an old post re hinge pins.

I’m going to replace the hinge bolts on my car (not roll pin style), my question is are there bushes that insert into the metal hinge mounted on the A post? It looks like there is a bush there, but I cannot find any mention of hinge bushes anywhere.