• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
chris 417 mi

Back after a long time away from 205's

chris 417 mi

Hi All !

So after now regretting selling my throttle bodied miami blue 205 in 2013, im now looking to find another as a project car to sit alongside the Pulsar as something to work on over the winter :).

Got an eye on one or two in the coming months and hoping to have a 205 sat in the garage again my christmas, whats parts availability like now ? heard trims etc are v hard to source and £££ 

Pics of my miami from 2012 and current GTIR in my garage with space being cleared for future 205 :) 

photo.php?fbid=10152018791055804&set=a.1photo.php?fbid=10152018791055804&set=a.1photo.php?fbid=10152018791055804&set=a.1

205 1.jpg

pulsar 1.jpg

Anthony

Welcome back :)

Availability is still generally pretty good for the most part, and certainly no issues with service and consumable parts.  That said, ever-more new OE parts are going NFP from Peugeot and prices for good used GTi specific parts has been going up for some time - certainly compared to what bits cost back in 2013 you're potentially in for a shock, but it's an understandable consequence of the price of complete cars shooting up and more cars now being restored/fixed rather than broken up.

PSA Museum are starting to reproduce some parts now - not cheap, but not too bad considering - and companies like BakerBM have expanded their range of parts too.

chris 417 mi
36 minutes ago, Anthony said:

Welcome back :)

Availability is still generally pretty good for the most part, and certainly no issues with service and consumable parts.  That said, ever-more new OE parts are going NFP from Peugeot and prices for good used GTi specific parts has been going up for some time - certainly compared to what bits cost back in 2013 you're potentially in for a shock, but it's an understandable consequence of the price of complete cars shooting up and more cars now being restored/fixed rather than broken up.

PSA Museum are starting to reproduce some parts now - not cheap, but not too bad considering - and companies like BakerBM have expanded their range of parts too.

Cheers :) 

Yeah i guessed somethings would be pricey going off the gtir bits i've been trying to buy ( What am i letting myself in for :P ), the fun will be finding the right one i guess :) 

fancying a Laser green and probably going to go back the throttle bodies route i had with the miami  ( Miss that sound )

boldy205

GtiR and a pug.....very nice!